With a minimum deposit of $25.00, you can open a checking account and enjoy the great services West Texas Educators has to offer.
- Unlimited transactions
- $25.00 initial opening fee
- Eligible for a Visa debit card
- Direct Deposit
- Online Bill Pay
- Payroll Deduction
- Overdraft Protection privileges up to $600 (subject to account eligibility and restrictions)
- Virtual Branch Access
We’re all about giving you choices. We offer FREE checking accounts ONLY if all 3 of the following requirements are satisfied:
1. Must use your debit card AT LEAST 3 times per month
2. Must sign-up for e-Statements
3. Must be enrolled in Home Banking
If you prefer to have our Standard Checking, a $6.00 monthly service charge will incur. Choose the services that best fit your lifestyle.
Click here to apply for a Checking account.
Visa Debit Cards – With your debit card, there is no need to carry your checkbook or large amounts of cash. Just present your card at the time of purchase and the amount will automatically be deducted from your West Texas Educators checking account. You will save time and money since there will be no check to write or time spent waiting for check approval. The transaction details will show up on your account statement, listing the date and location of each transaction.
- Eligible with a share draft checking account
- FREE ATM transactions at any of our partnered ATM locations
- May withdrawal up to $500 per day at any ATM location, if funds are available in account
- $1000 daily spending limit – Once reached, spending limit will be reset within 24 hours. If your limit needs to be temporarily raised, please contact one of our Member Service Representatives
- May make a total combined 10 purchases and withdrawals in any one day
- May be transacted as debit or credit -When used as debit, funds are immediately debited from cardholder’s checking account